• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Whatever happened to...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
...the "Who here has guns" and "Who here has tattoos" threads that used to be in here? :|

Did a key word search and came up with nothing. Those were two of the most interesting threads on the boards....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Glad to see you back! Been quite awhile since you've posted. As for the Guns and Tattoos threads, I imagine they were removed for lack of participation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
It's a conspiracy by members of the US government to take away your right to bear arms ;)

Reaction score
Or your right to arm bears...whatever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Or even the right to bare arms, important to all t-shirt wearers

OP
baggss
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Glad to see you back! Been quite awhile since you've posted. As for the Guns and Tattoos threads, I imagine they were removed for lack of participation.

That's sort of what I figured. Oh well. :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
...and those in the anti-tattoo camp.

Is there such a thing?

Never really been interested in "inking up" myself, but never met anyone that had strong negatives about Tat wearers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And the bears want those arms too!

Great to see you back baggss.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Is there such a thing?

Yeah, there is. A quick search with Yahoo! turned this up:

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:28

I was not aware of that, but you'll find more if you look. In many Christian circles, the above is apparently controversial. But some take it seriously. Others say look at the context and culture, the reason for the "ban", and try to compare that to today.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, there is. A quick search with Yahoo! turned this up:

I was not aware of that, but you'll find more if you look. In many Christian circles, the above is apparently controversial. But some take it seriously. Others say look at the context and culture, the reason for the "ban", and try to compare that to today.

I guess I view that as more isolated pockets, rather than an Anti-Tattoo org. But, I understand what you are talking about.

FWIW the Christians I associate with and attend church with tend to be as heavily inked as the rest of our society. It simply isn't an issue.

EDIT: also FWIW, not personally keen on gross or creepy body art regardless. If I wouldn't want it as a poster on a wall, I don't want to see it on flabby flesh. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
One good thing about tatts. Makes identification easy for the cops and morticians.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No tattoos here Harry, but the US government probably has at least a dozen sets of my fingerprints after working for them all those years! ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Is there such a thing?

Never really been interested in "inking up" myself, but never met anyone that had strong negatives about Tat wearers.

Just get one or two that are real visible... you'll meet them quickly, trust me ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.

For those unaware, Leviticus is the third book of the Torah.. which is fundamental to Judaism, Christianity and Islam. However, often superseded (or flatly ignored) ... Oh the chapter also describes blood sacrifices to be made.

Things like this, are why many things within the chapter are controversial (unless, that is, they support your view point.. then they seem to be highly touted, but no one seems to be willing to live by all the laws laid out in Leviticus.)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For those unaware, Leviticus is the third book of the Torah.. which is fundamental to Judaism, Christianity and Islam. However, often superseded (or flatly ignored) ... Oh the chapter also describes blood sacrifices to be made.

Things like this, are why many things within the chapter are controversial (unless, that is, they support your view point.. then they seem to be highly touted, but no one seems to be willing to live by all the laws laid out in Leviticus.)

Not my intent to dis anyone or start arguments, but I will listen to the anti-tattoo crowd when they show up wearing Phylacteries and Fringes on the hems of their robes, plus following all the other requirements in the Torah.
The way I read it, it's all or none, you don't get to pick and choose . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
EDIT: also FWIW, not personally keen on gross or creepy body art regardless. If I wouldn't want it as a poster on a wall, I don't want to see it on flabby flesh. :p

What, like this >>
VYt0rhz.jpg

and this >>>
A5lnMVZ.jpg

;P;P;P Which means a heck of a lot too me ;) Daily reminders !!!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Things like this, are why many things within the chapter are controversial (unless, that is, they support your view point.. then they seem to be highly touted [...]
Absolutely. This is why it's always fun talking with students about confirmation bias especially when they don't think they're biased. ;)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What, like this >>
VYt0rhz.jpg

and this >>>
A5lnMVZ.jpg

;P;P;P Which means a heck of a lot too me ;) Daily reminders !!!

Absolutely! ;P

Glad they work for you, but not something I would want to look at all the time. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.