• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mid 2010 white MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Can I just take a moment to extol the virtues of my 2010 MacBook.

It's been a lifesaver while I have been in hospital, running faultlessly with the hospital wi-fi and generally just being a robust, faultless machine.

Yes it has the cosmetic crack problem around the hinges but a cover hides those nicely and otherwise it looks and performs as well today as the day I bought it some 5 years ago or so.

I've upgraded the RAM to 4GB so it runs Yosemite with no problems.

All hail the white MacBook, at the time Apple's cheapest notebook, what a superb machine!!!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
That machine is just a young shaver compared to my '08 MacBook Pro. lol I share the sentiment though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac and Macbook
Checked in here just to see how you were doing. Glad you are still among us.

My 2008 macbook is slowly falling apart. I plan on buying another notebook in June. I have a huge learning curve ahead of me.

So sorry you are ill. Hang in there.

OP
nickyr
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
well my trusty friend is back in hospital with me! only in for 3 days for some chemo before my stem cell work starts :)

Reaction score
I inherited one of those from a family member who thought it was dead. Got it going with a new hard drive and other bits. Makes a great companion for situations like yours. Great to have that connection with the world when stuck in hospital. Cheers and get well soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.