Mail error question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
5K iMac, i7 Turbo, 512 SSD, Radeon R9 M295X, 24GB Ram
I set my Roadrunner mail up. I can send and receive messages. It even pulled all of my old mail. But when I delete a email i receive the following message :error occurred while moving messages "null"?

The message does delete but when I go into the trash folder it isn't there. Any ideas?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Deleted mail does not go to the main system Trash folder if that's where you're looking for it. It goes to your mail Trash which can be actually be 3 places: On your Mac, iCloud, your ISP Trash. If your mail is setup to use IMAP then Trash is on your ISP server.

OP
Sharkz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not really concerned were the the trash is going. Just trying to get rid of this "null" error every single time I delete an email. After clicking ok on the error the email does delete so at least i can use it still.

OP
Sharkz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got it all set. All I did was delete the entire email account. Set it back up and manually configured it myself for IMAP. No problems now. everything good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.