Image capture problem

Reaction score
Hello

I have a Lexmark Interpret S405 all in one and have always been able to scan documents into the iMac using Image Capture. In the past I have opened Image Capture, selected the S405 from the list and a scanner session started. All of a sudden when I go through that process the "Trying to open scanner session" note appears but I see a spinning wheel which never ends and the session does not open.

I have gone to the Lexmark site and downloaded the latest driver for Image Capture but still no luck. Suggestions please

Thank you

poppi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I have a Lexmark Interpret S405 all in one and have always been able to scan documents into the iMac using Image Capture. In the past I have opened Image Capture, selected the S405 from the list and a scanner session started. All of a sudden when I go through that process the "Trying to open scanner session" note appears but I see a spinning wheel which never ends and the session does not open. ..........

Hello Poppi - for starters if not already done, QUIT Image Capture, reboot your computer, and 'power recycle' the scanner (i.e. pull the plug, wait, and re-power) - post back your results - good luck! Dave :)

OP
P
Reaction score
Hello Poppi - for starters if not already done, QUIT Image Capture, reboot your computer, and 'power recycle' the scanner (i.e. pull the plug, wait, and re-power) - post back your results - good luck! Dave :)

That did the trick Dave. Thanx a million

poppi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.