App store downloads

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMAC i7 3.1Ghz 16mb RAM 250gb SSD
I installed the free version of RubiTrak3 from the RubiTrak website. It looked good so I decided to upgrade to the full version. I used the (Apple) AppStore to pay and download the full version. I installed it but.......Only the free version loads. (did the FULL version actually download or another free version?)
I sent the "RubiTrak3.app to trash and tried to re-install it from the AppStore but I still only get the basic version.
Apple have not sent any e-mails showing my purchase or a license number.

If I deleted the RubiTrak3.app again and emptied the trash would I be able to download the new version again without paying a second time?
Chris

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I sent the "RubiTrak3.app to trash and tried to re-install it from the AppStore but I still only get the basic version.
Apple have not sent any e-mails showing my purchase or a license number.

If I deleted the RubiTrak3.app again and emptied the trash would I be able to download the new version again without paying a second time?

The fact that you haven't received an acknowledgement from Apple is a bit worrisome. I would not delete the app. Remove it but keep a copy just in case and then try to download it again to see if it downloads the pay version. If not, you may have to contact Apple customer service to straighten things out.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does one normally receive an e-mail when making a purchase through the AppStore? This is the first time I have actually paid for a download.
Chris

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Does one normally receive an e-mail when making a purchase through the AppStore? This is the first time I have actually paid for a download.
Chris

In my experiences with purchases from either the Mac App Store or the iTunes Store, Apple sends a receipt to the email address they have on file for you. As a matter of fact, I have purchased items from my local Apple Store here in Fort Worth and Apple has always sent me an email receipt in addition to the printed copy issued by the store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You won't normal get a receipt as such for a couple of days from Apple. Try and go into Purchases and see what it says there.
I have just looked at the App in the Mac App Store, and for me it is free to download, then you need to buy as a in-app purchase the full upgrade. Is this what you did ??

C

chas_m

For the record, Apple will wait 24 hours to see if you buy anything else before sending an invoice, that way they can put a group of purchases (as people tend to do) on one invoice. So check your email tomorrow.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tattooed Mac...I installed the free version via the manufacturer's website so the AppStore would not have a record of that. I thought I was buying the full version from the AppStore and I seemed to be going through the payment system but It does look more likely that I have simply got another free version.
I'll check my credit card tomorrow and if no payment was taken then you have solved my problem.
Thanks
Chris

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I think tattooed Mac may have the answer. Quite frequently, especially via the App Store, the version you get is the free one within which you can upgrade to the full, paid-for version.

I have no experience with your particular App but suggest you retain it and possibly explore it to see if there is an upgrade option within it.

Ian

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
And, hey, Robertstandem, not a bad eclipse. Where I am in Wales, had cloudless sky and great views of it. Hope you did too.

Ian

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is an upgrade version within it...this confirmed it was the free version.
Thanks for all the imput.
Chris
PS Cloudy this morning (Essex) so looked more like rain than an eclipse!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.