And now the circle is complete...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2014 Mac Mini (Base Model, High Sierra); iPad 2018 (Latest iOS); iPhone 7 (Latest iOS)
On the very cheap (read free) I now have an iPhone 4s. Combine this with my iPad Mini and Mac Mini, and I have a Circle of Apple!

I feel...powerful. Mighty. Awesome. And I'm quite new to mac too!

What does one do with all this awesomeness?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2014 Mac Mini (Base Model, High Sierra); iPad 2018 (Latest iOS); iPhone 7 (Latest iOS)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nick you kill me :p

I was going to add some additional sarcasm to that post. But I thought I should quit while I'm ahead!;)

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But seriously, I finally feel like I'd fit in there...

Excellent! I think that you recognized what I meant! Don't forget the "man-purse"!;)

- Nick

p.s. A little bit of humor. Not going to quit my day job though!;)

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Excellent! I think that you recognized what I meant! Don't forget the "man-purse"!;)

You laugh but I actually have one. They're quite common with men above the age of 30 here in Hungary...

So, do I fit in NOW? Am I mighty?

Seriously, I already love my iPhone SOOOOO much compared to my crappy Samsung Galaxy S Advance. The difference is so great - and this isn't even a new, hotter iPhone that I have! Sad really.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You laugh but I actually have one. They're quite common with men above the age of 30 here in Hungary...

What are the under 30 guys using?

- Nick

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Man Purse???? Really Nick - just what you need. ;D Actually as a female I do try to figure out how you guys get along with just a wallet. Oh, wait .... right! - you have a wife or girlfriend with a purse to carry what you can't.

Guys in Hungary must be more considerate and have their own. :*

And I am joking and I also will not give up my day job. O:)

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Man Purse???? Really Nick - just what you need. ;D Actually as a female I do try to figure out how you guys get along with just a wallet. Oh, wait .... right! - you have a wife or girlfriend with a purse to carry what you can't.

Hey Lisa - I just get along w/ a wallet but use to carry a brief case when I worked.

BUT, purses seem popular even w/ some of our movie heroes, as below - ;D

I believe that our OP needs to put his country of origin beneath his name, just so others know - Dave :)

indiana-jones-picture.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
But that is Indiana Jones!! He carries secret maps and magic stuff in his so I am not sure if it is a man purse or maybe a messenger bag???

Anyway... ;D

Lisa

C

chas_m

Some things you can do with all that awesomeness ...

Open an iCloud account (if you don't already have one), and turn on syncing for services as you desire (such as Contacts or Calendar, Email and Safari bookmarks) on all three devices. That by far is the coolest thing iOS and Mac devices do for each other!

If iTunes Match is available in your country, you might look into that. It's essentially a way (for around $25 a year) for you to put your entire Music library into a cloud locker that your iPhone can access. Any song you own, no matter how large your library, is now available for you to play on demand. This also frees up space on the iPhone, since you don't have to store a huge library of music to have lots of tunes anymore.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Lisa

Actually I'm American, but I've lived abroad for about 18 years now. I've been 9 years in Hungary (Japan before that). And in many parts of Central and Eastern Europe, at least, "man purses" (satchels, really, but small ones) are quite normal for men in the 30+ range. And I'll just say that while I don't always carry it, I carry it a lot when the wife and I are out for long periods of time. Just more convenient.

Men under thirty usually carry full-blown backpacks, though a few younger men are carrying Hungarian traditional satchel thingies (no idea what the origin story is; maybe for coins back in the day?).

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Some things you can do with all that awesomeness ...

Open an iCloud account (if you don't already have one), and turn on syncing for services as you desire (such as Contacts or Calendar, Email and Safari bookmarks) on all three devices. That by far is the coolest thing iOS and Mac devices do for each other!

If iTunes Match is available in your country, you might look into that. It's essentially a way (for around $25 a year) for you to put your entire Music library into a cloud locker that your iPhone can access. Any song you own, no matter how large your library, is now available for you to play on demand. This also frees up space on the iPhone, since you don't have to store a huge library of music to have lots of tunes anymore.

That I already had, and yes, it was really cool to get all my everything onto the phone with no bobble. Especially the Safari bookmarks! I really time saver.

Just so many things I love about the phone already. So much better than what I had before.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Here in Indonesia a "Bum Bag" is the indispensable piece of male accoutrement. I tried swapping all my belongings into one every time I had to wear sarong but got sick of swapping it all back again so just gave up and joined the rest of the crowd, now I can't get along without it. Whatever I'm wearing I just clip it on and I have everything I need.
Welcome to the fold Mencelus.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.