Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
I posted this somewhere else as well, but i doubt anyone will look at it, so i'm posting it here...

okay question...

i'm having trouble blessing the bootloader. Here's the actual instructions:

"Copy the xom.efi bootloader to the hard disk and bless it.
Copy the xom.efi file into your home directory.
In the terminal type:
sudo cp xom.efi /System/Library/CoreServices <-- you will have to enter your password here
cd /System/Library/CoreServices
sudo bless --folder . --file xom.efi --setBoot"

okay, i have the file... where's the "home directory"? is there something i'm missing here? i typed exactly, letter for letter... i even tried dragging the file into the terminal where it says "xom.efi" to get the directory of the file correct. what am i doing wrong here?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
voids the warranty? crap...

oh well i'll hold off until something official comes around... i spent $170 bucks on the extension, don't wanna void it...

K

kal151

That is not my site so I don't know if the warranty bit is accurate. Just for kicks call Apple and see what they say.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
it only voids the warranty if they know about!, and to answer your original question, your home directory is like the folder with your username on it, and theres also a little picture of a home next to it, when you look in the left sidebar on finder windows

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.