• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Noob here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
how do i change the icons on my desktop to different pictures?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
i'll take a stab at it.

ok, find the icon that you want to replace the original one with. once you've located the icon in your finder, click on the 'more info' button bellow it. in the little 'more info' window you'll see a little picture of the icon on the very top. click on it so it's highlighted in blue. 'apple' and 'c' or 'copy' the icon. now you want to go to the icon that you want to change; for example the 'harddrive' icon. right click the icon and go to 'get info'. again in the little 'get info' window you will see the icon on the top. click on it to highlight it in blue. now 'apple' and 'v' or 'paste' the new icon on the one you want to replace. that should do it.

and to get rid of the icon if you don't like it once you've replaced it; simply go to 'get info', click on the icon so it's hightligted in blue and 'apple' and 'x' to go back to the default icon.

OP
WizzKid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
thanks, where would i get a huge range of icons, ive googled but couldnt find

OP
WizzKid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Use Pixadex and Candybar. They are shareware programs that automate this whole process.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.