Running Quickbooks PC

Reaction score
Hi all sorry I am new and bare with me I am running a 2011 iMac with Yosemite 10.10.2
I need to run quickbooks for my business and that is the only thing I run in Windows. I am currently running Parallels 9 and should upgrade to 10. The question is Parallels 10 the best one for this purpose?

Thanks for your help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm assuming you need to upgrade to Parallels 10 since you're running Yosemite on your iMac. As for running Quickbooks (Windows version) it will run using the free VirtualBox from Oracle. VirtualBox does not have all the frills that Parallels or Fusion has, but it will run most Windows programs seamlessly. The exception of course would be graphic intensive apps such as games. If you would rather upgrade to Parallels 10 ($49.00 upgrade price) that's up to you. It might be easier since you're already using Parallels rather than learn a new VM program.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, so far I haven't had to upgrade but it seems to run slow often times and freezes well in quickbooks, so I figured the upgrade may help as well as an upgrade out of windows 7

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.