Emailing Videos

Reaction score
Could use some help on this one.

I took a couple of 1 1/2 minute videos with my iPhone 6 that I need to email to a service dept to explain a problem with a piece of equipment. For the life of me I can't figure out how to do what seems like should be an easy task.

They are on both the phone and on my Mac Air. Latest software on both.

Thanks,

Jim

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
For the life of me I can't figure out how to do what seems like should be an easy task.

Just drag the video file into the email message just like you would do with a photo, a word processing doc, spreadsheet doc, Powerpoint presentation, etc.:)

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I tried that. Had iPhoto and the mail app open and dragged the movie over into the body of the email, hit send and nothing happened. Maybe I am running up against a size limit issue.

Jim

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I tried that. Had iPhoto and the mail app open and dragged the movie over into the body of the email, hit send and nothing happened. Maybe I am running up against a size limit issue.

You didn't mention that it was an iPhoto file. I thought it was a "straight-up" video file. Also as you mentioned...you may be bumping up against a size limit issue.

Give this a try:

The Simple Way To Send Movies To Friends From Your Mac

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
If you have updated to Yosemite, you can use Mail Drop to send files that exceed your email service's size limits. When you click Send, you will get a warning and an option to send via Mail Drop.

OP
B
Reaction score
Nick, sorry I didn't know that being iPhoto made a difference. Still kinda in a Windows frame of mind.

Oneironaut, thanks for the Mail Drop tip. That did it.

Jim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.