New convert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 MBP Retina 8gb ram 128 gb ssd
I have lived through the triumphs and tragedies of windows os since it's inception. I grew weary of the struggle and went with a Macbook Pro this past Sunday.So far, so good. It's nice to walk out of the Apple store with something i can use right away without spending hours downloading anti virus and malware programs and then more time identifying and eradicating all the bloatware. Going to take the free classes so I don't barrage you with dumb questions.

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Congratulations on your MacBook Pro purchase. I bet you're going to love it!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A1286 MBP5,3 running 10.9.5, iphone6, Mac mini1,1 A1176 120/2gb
You have gone Mac... You won't go back. Welcome! There are a lot of great people here. One big family.
Enjoy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 iMac 27, 4Ghz i7, 1TB SSD, 32GB, M395X, Pegasus R4, 2015 MPB, 2x 2013 MacBook Air 13s
I have lived through the triumphs and tragedies of windows os since it's inception. I grew weary of the struggle and went with a Macbook Pro this past Sunday....

Here are a lot of good instructional videos: MacMost MacMost Video Archive By Category

As a new OS X user, some common sources of confusion are (1) The menu bar and (2) Minimizing vs hiding apps.

With Windows apps, the menu bar follows them around. With Mac apps, the menu bar always is at the screen top and changes based on what app is selected.

The minimize button on each window works differently on Mac vs Windows.
I strongly recommend you watch this brief video if nothing else: MacMost Minimizing Windows Versus Hiding Apps

Here are some other areas of common need for someone new to OS X:

Taking a hard drive inventory: MacMost Taking a Hard Drive Inventory

Using the Preview Pane: MacMost Using the Preview Pane in Yosemite

Using Spotlight Search: MacMost Using Spotlight Search

Using Finder List View: MacMost Using Finder List View

Menu Bar Basics and Tricks: MacMost Menu Bar Basics and Tricks

Using Launch Pad: MacMost Using LaunchPad

Capturing the Screen on Your Mac: MacMost Capturing the Screen On Your Mac

How to Force Quit Apps: MacMost How To Force Quit Apps

Reaction score
MacMost and Mac Forums are awesome. I find nearly all answers to issues or questions between the two. Rarely do I need to post questions here, as the answer has already been provided either by other Mac Forum members of MacMost videos.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 MBP Retina 8gb ram 128 gb ssd
Thanks for the video list. Working my way through it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2014 Mac Mini (Base Model, High Sierra); iPad 2018 (Latest iOS); iPhone 7 (Latest iOS)
Yah, welcome to the forums! New here myself, and I've had my Mac Mini barely three weeks, and all I can do is gush about how awesome it is (and how it links up so nicely with my iPad mini). Seriously, you're going to love it! I was also a long time Windows user before I switched (in fact, I was an MSDOS user back when one had to load games at the command line).

Super happy with my Mac. There's always hiccups of course, but that's with any new system, but you'll figure it out, and then start to see the logic behind the decisions Apple has made with the Mac OS and all that.

Welcome aboard!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.