Lose access to time capsule during backup

Reaction score
I lose my access to my time capsule and my connected external hard drive when time machine initiates its automatic backup. I am able to access my TC remotely using file browser via a VPN. When I restart the TC I can connect to it with no issues, but after a few minutes I would lose my access via airport utility and the file browser app. When using airport utility it won't accept the same password that worked just a few minutes before. When time machine is backing up does it boot any other access to time capsule? My only work around is turning off time machine to avoid getting the boot, but that kinda defeats the idea of having a TC in the first place. I set up account on the time capsule however the data on that drive is not viewable on the separate account, only viewable when I set up TC to secure with device password. Does time capsule only allow one user at a time? My main concern is being able to access my file when I am away from home, so unplugging it and restarting is not an option. What am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
You need to have it wired to your network wireless backup will just lose connection and fail and cause the time capsule to malfunction.

sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
What is the make and model of the mac you are access the TC with? What version of OS X are you using? I know I had all kinds of troubles that sound exactly like yours with Yosemite until 10.10.2 came out and it fixed my spotty access issues with my Time Capsule.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.