Easiest Way to Transfer Photos from iPhoto to PC

Reaction score
I have a batch of photos from a family vacation. I would like to transfer them to be compatible with a PC - and would like them to maintain chronological order. What is the easiest way to do this? Right now, I am thinking of using a SD Card? Is Flickr any good for this??? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

You mention iPhoto in your title - does that mean you have the images now in that program on another computer or device? There is an 'Export' choice in iPhoto that might solve your transfer issue(s). Also, check post #5 in this THREAD which addresses ways of getting photos onto a computer. However, keep in mind that 'file names, dates, etc.' don't always work out as desired, so you might want to try several choices and pick the one that meets your goals. Dave

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me... and yes, I want to move photos from iPhoto '11, version 9.2.3 to my husband's pc... hopefully keeping the chronological order that they are already in... I am running Snow Leopard...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
The simplest way would be to drag the photos out of iPhoto onto a USB stick. They will retain their basic information, like the time/date they were created, and you should be able to arrange them in order on the PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for getting back to me... and yes, I want to move photos from iPhoto '11, version 9.2.3 to my husband's pc... hopefully keeping the chronological order that they are already in... I am running Snow Leopard...

If you looked @ the post suggested, about a half dozen transfer suggestions were given, some of which will not apply to you due to cross-platform issues, i.e. Mac OS X vs. Windows.

But, I agree completely w/ MightyGem, i.e. a USB flash drive would probably be your best option (unless one of the other choices is more appealing?) - also, make sure the USB drive is formatted as FAT32 (most are anyway) - there is a single file size limit of 4 GB but I'm assuming none of your pics even approach that number. Good luck and let us know your results. Dave :)

Reaction score
To transfer or backup data from iphone to pc or Mac computer, you can use direct data transfer tool, itunes doesn’t allow us to transfer photos from iphone directly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To transfer or backup data from iphone to pc or Mac computer, you can use direct data transfer tool, itunes doesn’t allow us to transfer photos from iphone directly.

Hello Werft - welcome to the forum! :) You've replied to over a 2 year old thread and your comments will likely be of no use to the OP who did not reply after my last post, sorry - Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.