Lost BT Mouse - Yosemite

Reaction score
Hi

Just bought a BT mouse (HP x4000b) for my MBP (mid 2012) - Yosemite 10.10.2 but unfortunately every time the MBP goes to sleep I am unable to get the mouse reconnected unless I restart the MBP.

Have tried all the basic tricks before a restart eg. Turn OFF/ON mouse and / or BT in Preferences also deleted mouse from the BT discovery window absolutely no luck. To get the mouse to go after restart normally means do a discovery from scratch. Others appear to have similar problems under Yosemite (see https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6602631?start=0&tstart=0 ) but no solutions.

Does anybody have any ideas ?

Appreciate any advice - thanks in advance

Bryn

C

chas_m

I'm seeing a lesser version of this problem as well. Occasionally (not all the time), my BT peripherals will refuse to be "seen" by the computer until a logout/login or restart. Based on but reports, I assume Apple is working to fix the issue. I can't recall when it first started, but my previous versions of Yosemite didn't exihibit the problem.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi chas_m

Yes, have to admit I used to use a Magic Mouse under Mavericks without problem, so yes it does seem like it's an Apple related problem and not the mouse. Let's see if an update to Yosemite solves the problem.

Cheers Bryn

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.