appfirewall stealth mode connection

Reaction score
I have found the following appfirewall logs:

stealth mode connection attempt to UDP 192:168.10.117:68 from 192.168.10.1:67

this message three times , but the files are not listed in the right time order (last message comes at second instead of third place)

what does this message mean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
I assume that IP address 117 ( last digit ) is your PC and IP address 1 ( last digit ) is your ISP router.
Ports 67 & 68 can be used by DCHP services that your router is using.
What the message means is that your computer received a request on port 68 and rejected it. No harm done !
Why it rejected it is another matter. You will need to provide a lot more info to get to the root cause.
If this happens on very rare occasions, I would not worry.

Cheers ... McBIe

OP
T
Reaction score
stealth mode connection

dear mcbie
thanks a lot for your answer. the only thing that irritates me is: my computer has absolutely no connection to the internet or a private network! greetings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Hard to diagnose further without vital information regarding model, operating system, router and error messages.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
dear mcbie
thanks a lot for your answer. the only thing that irritates me is: my computer has absolutely no connection to the internet or a private network! greetings

Do you have WiFi switched on ?
If yes, WiFi equipped routers may try to contact your laptop, but as the connection was refused by your internal firewall ... no harm done.

Cheers ... McBIe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
This is not an issue. This is a badly worded attempt of your system to report a noise network - ie. your router and computer and printer and what ever are chatting and your firewall is interpreting it incorrectly.

UDP is a connectionless protocol so there is no connection. UDP (User Datagram Protocol) is a communications protocol that offers a limited amount of service when messages are exchanged between computers in a network that uses the Internet Protocol (IP). I could give you a ton more infomation but the bottom line is it is not a problem.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.