jpg

Reaction score
how do I convert a screen shot to a jpg so that i can attach it to an email?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Unless you absolutely need to otherwise, just send the png file. If you do need one, open it in Preview and export it as a jpg.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
how do I convert a screen shot to a jpg so that i can attach it to an email?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Simply open the image in Preview (should already be your default image viewer in OS X) - see the screen capture below of an Alexander Calder lithograph from the web - these are saved as *.PNG files on the desktop (first pic below, blue arrow) - once opened, hold down the option key and click on 'File' in Preview's top menu bar - a new selection appears, i.e. 'Save As' - click on that choice which will open the dialog box in the second image - pick JPEG in the list (blue arrow). Dave

P.S. Vansmith beat me to the draw w/ yet another and quicker way to change the image format; agree w/ his suggestion to simply keep the PNG extension. :)

Screen Shot 2015-01-30 at 11.38.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-30 at 11.39.37 AM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.