Networks

P

PRinMD

:confused: OK folks Still fairly new, got my ibook like a week and a half ago, never messed with macs before only windows and until about 2 years ago Linux. For the record these **** macs are sweet f9-f11 kicks arse :D OK my question, got a few computers at home and they all come up under a workgroup name, how do I go about getting my mac under this workgroup name? Been messing around with the file sharing and network folders but haven't found anything in there where i can change the workgroup name or if there is anywhere where i can set this up. I would like all my computers to have a nice conversation, lol and not have any outcasts. With linux I can setup samba and no problems but mac, well mac is being a pain right now and need to straighten him out. So any info on how I can integrate my mac into my homenetwork??? is this possible???

Thanks in advance.

OP
P

PRinMD

Dude, you are Da Man. **** can see everything now, very nice. **** when my computer dies out I just might convert. get me one of those G5 towers, they look pretty sweet. Thanks again J

OP
P

PRinMD

One more thing, do you all know of any good ftp client that is free and not command line, The mac kinda broke me off this Christmas. need to find some good freeware sites. Kazaa and bitorrent sometimes don't have what you are looking for ;-)

OP
P

pooquey

PRinMD said:
One more thing, do you all know of any good ftp client that is free and not command line, The mac kinda broke me off this Christmas. need to find some good freeware sites. Kazaa and bitorrent sometimes don't have what you are looking for ;-)

go to version tracker or apple.com/downloads
I use fugu for ftp, ssh, sftp when I'm not using the terminal. Reminiscent of winscp if you're familiar with that. Should be just what you need as it's free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.