Where are my pictures

Reaction score
I just started to use iPhoto. I would like to see them where they are stored. I want to edit some of them in photoshop.

C

chas_m

They are hidden, precisely because this is the wrong way to go about doing what you want to do.

The CORRECT way to edit photos in iPhoto in Photoshop is very simple:

1. In iPhoto's preferences, under Advanced, specify that you want to use Photoshop as your external editor.
2. Once that's done, simply double-click or right-click on any photo in iPhoto you want to edit. Photoshop will automatically open with the photo in question. Make all the edits you want.
3. Save the photo in Photoshop "in place" (wherever it says it is located). Switch back to iPhoto, and voila! Your edited photo is there.

(should you wish to instead use iPhoto's built-in tools for editing a particular photo, you can simply right-click on it and choose "Edit in iPhoto" for that particular one.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Yeah, you really don't want to go mucking around in the iPhoto Library file.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the information about using photoshop. "Yeah, you really don't want to go mucking around in the iPhoto Library file. Can I have a copy of my own pictures so I can put them where I want." For example I have a job search folders and I want to have a copy of my picture near my resume. I have reports that have pictures. How can I see all my pictures in one place?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
How can I see all my pictures in one place?
In iPhoto.
Can I have a copy of my own pictures so I can put them where I want.
Yes. Just drag and drop photos from iPhoto to the Folder of your choice. You'll get a copy with the original still in iPhoto. Or you can use iPhoto's Export function(via the File Menu) where you can reduce them in size if you wish.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.