PowerBook or iBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.5, 512, 80gb
Firstly i'm sorry if this sort of thing has been discussed before, the search wasn't working a minuite ago. Anyway, i'm looking at getting my first Mac and want it purely for the portability, i'm not too fussed about screen size so i will prob go for a 12inch and i'm going to buy second hand. Thing is i'm not sure what the real difference is between a powerbook and ibook, if they both have the same sort of spec. i.e. if both have say a 1.33 processor, 512 ram 60gb hdd and a superdrive, what sort of other things differ?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i7, iBook G4, iPod 5th Gen 30Gb
tommy10k said:
Firstly i'm sorry if this sort of thing has been discussed before, the search wasn't working a minuite ago. Anyway, i'm looking at getting my first Mac and want it purely for the portability, i'm not too fussed about screen size so i will prob go for a 12inch and i'm going to buy second hand. Thing is i'm not sure what the real difference is between a powerbook and ibook, if they both have the same sort of spec. i.e. if both have say a 1.33 processor, 512 ram 60gb hdd and a superdrive, what sort of other things differ?

Thanks

Check out the apple store for the basic specs. www.apple.com/store

Powerbooks have a faster processor, they've recently switched to Intel processors in the G4s so you'll get a different processor in a second hand one.

I'd peruse eBay and see what sort of specs you can expect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.