imovie confusion - beginner

Reaction score
I downloaded a bunch of home movies from my video camera onto my macbook pro years ago but never did much with them. Honestly i don't even remember if I put them into iMovie - maybe that happens automatically?!

I have recently decided to do some housekeeping! My imovie (version 10.0.6) library has some of the videos in it but not all. I see lots under the folder (I am looking in finder not in the iMovie app). How do I get them into my iMovie library? Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 1.51.47 PM.png

All those "New Events" are not necessarily in my library. Can someone explain or point me in the direction of a website to teach me all about the basics of iMovie?

Thanks

Kitchgirl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Honestly i don't even remember if I put them into iMovie
Looking at all those Event Folders, you did.

All those Events are(I think) from the previous version of iMovie, iMovie11(v9). If you've upgraded to Yosemite without doing a clean install then you should still have that old version. It should be in your Applications Folder, in a Folder called iMovie 9.0.9

If you haven't still got it, you should still have the original footage in those Event Folders. If so, you can import the footage into the latest iMovie by clicking the Import button and the navigating to those Folders in the Import Pane.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.