location of blue shrink/resize button when fullscreen? Yosemite

Reaction score
I've been using a Mac (unknown version) at work lately and decided to get one for home. I now have Yosemite on a mac mini at home and one thing I've noticed is, there is no blue shrink button in the top bar on the right when I'm fullscreen like there is on the one at work.

The thing is, I'm using VirtualBox for a Windows VM and want the quick resize button available so I can switch to the host quickly. I know about the Control+Left Arrow to switch screens/panes or whatever you guys call it. but sometimes it doesn't work. I'm guessing because the VM has captured the keyboard. Although some other hotkeys still work. Is this something that isn't available in this version of OS X or can I download/set this option somewhere? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Try the Escape key. Works in Mavericks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
It's now the green button on the upper left hand corner of the window. Mouse up and the window frame appears... or esc

OP
Z
Reaction score
Neither of those things work. Esc won't work because the VM has captured the keyboard input.

This is a different thing than the green button as far as I know. I'm pretty sure that the green button is on the one at work too. There is no border when I'm in fullscreen with the VM. When you hover at the top, it brings down the Mac taskbar but no border for the window. This is where the blue resize button should be at the far right after the clock and everything. If you're saying this was replaced by the green button on the window, then well, that sucks. That makes it a little more complicated switching back and forth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Yep, was replaced with the green button on Yosemite. For VirtualBox, well.. not so sure, that complicates things.

Reaction score
How to Full Screen

Control+command+f will exit and place a program in full screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.