Internet Explorer crashing????

S

stringz

Hello there,

This is my first post so be kind to me please.

I've been having problems with IE for a month or so now. I have an a old skool dial up connection atm. Every now and then IE just closes and I get an unexpected error notice. I have the mac firewall in operation and have run a system check from the startup disc and all seems fine in that regard.
Not wanting to invite abuse, I have found that I don't have the same problem with Safari (there are a few features that I prefer with IE, as it is what I'm used to, reactionary though that may sound).
Anyone know what might be going on?

Whilst on the subject, are there other reasons I should be using safari instead of IE?

Any info woud be massively appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum, 20", 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB of Ram
I'm not sure why but from what I understand, IE is junk and it is prone to crashing often as it always did on my PC until I switched to FireFox. I have not tried it on my iMac due to I just use Safari with no problems.

OP
T

twotone

Do you have Safari? If not you should get it or Firefox.
IE is loaded with bad Karma!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
IE has stopped supporting macs for awhile now.. so you know..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
IE is a terrible browser. Get Opera. It's actually a better browser (technically) then IE or FireFox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.