Wi-fi not connecting on all iDevices ... problem with Airport Base Station?

Reaction score
Hello All & Happy New Year:D

I have been using Airport Base Station for 1 year and have had no problems at all with my wi-fi connection until recently, when I went on a 3-week vacation and when I came back my iMac, iPhone, MacPro laptop and iPad cannot connect to my wi-fi network :Shouting:

All devices can find my wi-fi network name, and display the network name in the wi-fi networks list as "selected", with a tick displayed next to the name, but none of my Apple devices can connect to the internet.

The wireless logo at the top right of the screen appears grayed out with an exclamation mark. When I try to connect to my wi-fi network, the "connecting" icon just spins continuously and does not connect.

When I returned from vacation, my airport base station showed a winking amber light. I reset the base station and it now displays a steady green light, but I am still not able to connect to wi-fi.

When I checked the Network Settings on my iMac, a message stated that the airport has no IP address so cannot connect to the Internet.

Also, when I try to use my ethernet connection with my iMac, this does not work either, and I get a message saying "Either the cable for Ethernet is not plugged in or the device at the other end is not responding" ... when the ethernet cable is correctly plugged in.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be much appreciated!! m(_ _)m

Ember

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Ember - sorry for you problem, but just a few questions: 1) What AirPort model/year do you own; 2) What OS X & iOS are on your devices; 3) What ISP do you use (e.g. cable modem); 4) Did you leave your equipment on during your 3 week vacation; 5) Do you live (location not provided in your profile) in an area subjected to electrical storms; and 6) If you equipment was on in your absence, is it protected by an UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply)? Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.