Switch Wiki

Reaction score
Guys, in fact I tried out something like that, and I'm bulding it right now at
www.kamu.ch/switch

It's a user based system to write articles, and if anyone wants to help actively write some articles/tutorials, pm me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
yogi said:
Guys, in fact I tried out something like that, and I'm bulding it right now at
www.kamu.ch/switch

It's a user based system to write articles, and if anyone wants to help actively write some articles/tutorials, pm me.

Quick question before I join: are we Steve's cronies who say "Macz pwn Wi|/|b0z," at every question, or is it more of a "we're not saying you must switch to a Mac, if Windows is what you need, by all means, keep it."

OP
Y
Reaction score
to_tough_to_die said:
Quick question before I join: are we Steve's cronies who say "Macz pwn Wi|/|b0z," at every question, or is it more of a "we're not saying you must switch to a Mac, if Windows is what you need, by all means, keep it."

Very much the latter. The initial point of the SKB is to clear up whatever questions people have about macs, from a as-objective standpoint as possible.

Once that information has been listed out, poeple should be guided in buying a mac, and using it.

The critical part is explaining macs to windows users, help them find out what they need, instead of propagating macs. That's not the point of the site in the first place, it's about helping those who actually already chose to switch, while giving clean hard facts about the goods and bads of each option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
yogi said:
Very much the latter. The initial point of the SKB is to clear up whatever questions people have about macs, from a as-objective standpoint as possible.

Once that information has been listed out, poeple should be guided in buying a mac, and using it.

The critical part is explaining macs to windows users, help them find out what they need, instead of propagating macs. That's not the point of the site in the first place, it's about helping those who actually already chose to switch, while giving clean hard facts about the goods and bads of each option.

Ok, good. I just skimmed over it and didn't get much of an impression either way. Joining as we speak.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Feel free to use and edit my buyer's guide text as you wish. It is rather out of date, and in need of major editing, so this would be the perfect thing for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.