.efi or .tgz?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Okay, I wanna get a program on my computer, and it comes only in .efi or .tgz. I know .tgz are "tar" files, but that's about all i know.

Which one's easier to install on my iMac Intel Core Duo (there's support, i checked) and how to I install it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i cant even figure out what an efi file is! download the tar file and i believe osx should be able to open it up, if not go find a shareware version of stuffit expander off of versiontracker or macupdate

K

Kokopelli

Yes download the tgz. I have no idea what an efi file is either. I figured it was some old school Mac archive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
the only thing i have come across in searches for a .efi file are this
Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) is the name for a new system developed by Intel that is designed to replace the aging BIOS system used by personal computers. It is responsible for the power-on self-test (POST) process, bootstrapping the operating system, and providing an interface between the operating system and the physical hardware.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
yeah i know what EFI is, but not .efi files...

But wait, when I open the .tgz in Stuffit Expander, it opens a folder. Do I just drag and drop the folder into Applications? And, after that, how do I run the program?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.