how did I get multiples of the same image?

Reaction score
I just got a MacBook Pro, first Mac in 20+ years, first Q here.

I downloaded from my website some images to put into a slide show. I drag and dropped them from the download folder to a folder I created.

When I check all files in Finder, there are 3 or 4 of most of those images!

How did I get multiples of these images, when I only downloaded them once to my MBP, and moved them from the download folder to a new folder??

Can I delete all duplicates?
I have the smallest SSD, and I shoot in RAW, so space will be at a premium.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
If you're like me when it comes to using a trackpad, there's no telling what duplicates or goofy things I'll end up with!! ;)

That's one reason I mainly use and have no problems when using a good quality mouse. :D

OP
A
Reaction score
If you're like me when it comes to using a trackpad, there's no telling what duplicates or goofy things I'll end up with!! ;)

That's one reason I mainly use and have no problems when using a good quality mouse. :D

I am using a mouse, for just that reason - never liked a trackpad, too easy to click and double-click without meaning to click at all.

So the trackpad wasn't the cause, in this case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I am using a mouse, for just that reason - never liked a trackpad, too easy to click and double-click without meaning to click at all.

So the trackpad wasn't the cause, in this case.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone!! ;)

So to save the precious space on the SDD, why not delete them all and start over with your download?? Maybe something hiccuped previously???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.9 GHz 6-Core i9 MacOS 14.4.1; iPhone SE 3rd Gen iOS 17.4.1;
I use the trackpad, but I reduce the sensitivity and switch off ‘gestures’ for which I don’t have a use, otherwise it is a nightmare keeping track(!) of what I have done.
JP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.