Question about my Pictures Folder

Reaction score
My pictures are all over the place and it is time to clean house! When I look in my Pictures folder I see my Aperture Library and I also see a bunch of other folders containing pictures. When I went to import the pictures from the folders (outside the Aperture library) they were already in Aperture (I choose to have my pictures in Aperture stored within the Aperture library). So am I correct in assuming that these pictures outside of my Aperture library are duplicates and I can delete them? I was always under the impression that any pictures I chose to store in my Aperture library are physically kept under the Aperture Library icon and that pictures in folders within the Pictures folder (not under Aperture) do not have anything to do Aperture so I choose to delete them it will NOT affect my Aperture Library.

Could someone confirm or explain this to me so I don’t delete something important?

Thank you so much,

Kitchgirl

Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 4.17.36 PM.png

Reaction score
It depends... when you imported into Aperture if you chose to keep the originals.

OP
K
Reaction score
I don't know if I chose to keep originals. How would I find out?

Thank you,

Kitchgirl

Reaction score
Where were they? Are they still there?
If set to keep originals when importing, the originals would still be where they were when you you imported.
If not, they would be gone.
I don't have it installed right now, check your preferences under Importing.

OP
K
Reaction score
Could I not just "consolidate originals"? Would that make sure all originals are in my aperture library so I could then delete all photos outside of Aperture?

Thanks,

Kitchgirl

Reaction score
Sent a PM. I don't use it that much and like I said, it's not installed on my laptop.
Hope the PM helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.