iTunes: How to Remove Excess Tracks on Burning Playlist?

Reaction score
I am trying to burn a 74-minute (the permitted maximum) audio CD. I get this warning window (below) listing 4 past-used tracks. How can I delete them from the list to 'clean the slate'? They do not clear or disappear by themselves and I don't know how they got there!

For tracks over 74 minutes, iTunes seems to record the first 1 hour & 14 minutes, then ends the session, without prompting me to insert another CD to complete the recording. Is that normal and how can I set it to accept subsequent CDs to complete the full recording? Thank you.

Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 19.53.58.png

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
You select a playlist to burn to CD; are those tracks on the playlist?

Looking at the error message, the reason they can't be burned is because the files are no longer on your hard drive, rather than due to length.

OP
T
Reaction score
You select a playlist to burn to CD; are those tracks on the playlist?
No.

Looking at the error message, the reason they can't be burned is because the files are no longer on your hard drive, rather than due to length.
Correct, so how can I clear the list? And how can I burn long tracks onto multiple CDs?

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would just delete that playlist and create a new one from scratch - you can burn any playlist you like. Doesn't fix your problem, but should hopefully eliminate it.

Don't know about burning multiple CDs, sorry.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks. I just moved all tracks to a new playlist in iTunes. This cleared the old 'unburnables' and now a prompt comes up to burn subsequent CDs until the track is fully copied.

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.