Is it SAFE to download fonts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
I might have made a blunder!
I am working on a web project in Photoshop and I needed a few fonts. So, I looked them up and downloaded the fonts against my better judgement. By doing so, might I be downloading trojans or viruses? I installed a few. Now I have a new menu bar on top of my safari browser window. Duh, I got the font from Kickass torrents/ tp://maxdocumentsitefun.info. (bad link removed) HOW STUPID OF ME! Any idea how I can get rid of that? The font I was looking for was Helvetica and League Gothic. Can I still use the fonts?

I guess it would be a good idea to run Clam Xav huh! :'(

Thanks.

Untitled-1.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Both the Helvetica and Gothic family fonts are copyrighted. In other words, they are not free and downloading them using a torrent is piracy. Our advice to you is get rid of the fonts by deleting them and stay far away from any torrent site like the one you downloaded from. We are going to close this thread because it violates our forum guidelines and rules. Please read those rules which you can find in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.