Switched from Windows OS to MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I am a new member here. I have been running Windows OS since the early 90's, finally got sick of it and just switched to a Mac Book Pro laptop last week, 15" screen, loved the Air but seeing how they come with a 13" screen, thats a tad too small.

I pretty much knew Windows in and out and PC's, I would take them apart, laptop or desktop and rebuild them. This all gives me a head start in Mac but eventually I will run into things that stump me so I will be asking questions.

Ken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2013 imac 21,5 inch 16 gb ram, samsung 840 pro ssd.
always here to help, the hardware side is basically the same and software side makes it pretty easy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Welcome Ken,

I recently came over from the "dark side" about 18 months ago. I currently work as a media coordinator which means I am also the IT in a Windows work environment. All my personal laptops are now Macs. I love them. I plan to migrate my video editors over to Mac as soon as I can get the money saved up.

That said, you will have a learning curve going from Windows to OS X. There is the learning how they are different to operate. Expect some frustration and be sure to ask questions here.

There are many feature you will love about your laptop and OS X. For instance, you do not have to worry about malware. The only annoying issue tends to be adware which is easy to control with a few tweaks. No need to run maintenance programs to clean the register - OS X does not have one. It is just a much more pleasant way to enjoy your computer because things just work.

If you have question be sure to ask. We have a great bunch of people on here who will provide great advice.

Lisa

OP
Chilimon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Thanks Lisa & STP77 :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.