Buying a 27" iMac

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm thinking of getting rid of my Mac OS X 10.7.5 and getting the iMac 27 inch with retina 5k display, The old one is getting rather slow.

I can see that I will be gettig a far better screen - what else will I be getting that is better?

Are there any issues to worry about?

I expect the screen will use more power when I'm using it - will it use more in sleep mode?

The shop won't part-exchange it. What are good ways of getting rid of the old one?
Is the extended warranty worth having?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You didn't say SPECIFICALLY what your older Mac is. "Mac OS X 10.7.5" is just the version of the OS, not a computer..

Either way, the new iMacs have been out for a while and any issues have likely been ironed out..

Depending on how old your old Mac is, you are getting a new computer and everything that comes along with it..

When the computer is asleep, it is using very little power..

You get 1 year of AppleCare for free with your purchase, adding on the 2 extra years is usually a wise thing before the first year expires. Compare spending approx. $170 on the 3 years of AppleCare to having to replace the Logicboard in year 2 for $900-$1100 or some other expensive component..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.