Word for Mac - the transition

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Word 2011 for mac version has gotten rid of built-in text boxes? I used them extensively in the PC version and reformatting is a pain.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac-Forums.

Mac Office Word 2011 has text boxes and has had them ever since I can remember. Do you currently have a copy of Mac Office 2011 or are you planning on buying a copy?

OP
S
Reaction score
I do have Mac Office 2011 and there are ways to create them manually, but the PC version had some really simple built in ones you could just click on and use. I can't actually re-create some of them without a lot of manipulation.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When I need to create a lot of various text boxes I don't use Word. I use iStudio Publisher instead which is very similar to MS Publisher from Windows. Using Word to do any layout work is OK but unless you have a template to follow, it's really not very good at it. I also have MS Office for Windows 2010 but I no longer use it since I no have no reason to run Windows.

OP
S
Reaction score
Mac for Word - transition

I do have Word for mac on my new macbook pro, but this one formatting feature seems to be hanging me up.

Welcome to the Mac-Forums.

Mac Office Word 2011 has text boxes and has had them ever since I can remember. Do you currently have a copy of Mac Office 2011 or are you planning on buying a copy?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.