BT attempt sending pics from phone to iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M3 iMac, 24 GB RAM, 10 core GPU
On on my second LG phone (L41C); with either one I've not been successful in sending anything via bluetooth to the iMac. Short of buying an iPhone, what seems to be the problem? Looking for a christmas miracle here!:'(

Imac is in "discoverable" mode. Phone is set up to send. Also, I need to mention that I have no problems sending music files to the phone (MP3s). The phone is paired with the iMac. The LG has a timeout feature, but I checked it to never timeout BT. The iMac is listed as a "paired" device in the phone's settings.

What I'm trying to send are pics taken with the phone.

Also: As I test I tried to send an iPhoto pic to the phone, but under "share" Bluetooth is not listed. Is that correct?

Reaction score
I guess LG is Android OS and has the advance Bluetooth 4. This may maybe having issue with the iMac Bluetooth in syncing. Have you an alternative sync software handy off mac app stores. The problem is more to do with passkey or id number 9999 0000 11004455. If they are not linking then share will not list.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.