• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

That's It, I've Had it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I have Sygate Personal Firewall and AVG antivirus on my PC and I still had a virus get through that infected 5 files, well no more. As soon as the funds are available the PC's are gone, and I'm switching to Mac's. I have already bought an iBook to start out with for me, and once it is set up and running I'll ditch my notebook PC on eBay, then once I get some extra cash my home PC is gone too. There, I'm done ranting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Congrats .. you can get a mini if you are in a hurry, or if you really are not, you can wait to get the intel powermac.. all depends on time.. I personally would settle somewhere in the middle for normal use and wiat for the funds to be available for a imac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Well, i'm glad you are making the switch. Good luck with your new mac and feel free to post questions if you need any help.

OP
Dillinger-63
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Well, I'm going to use the iBook (I bought a used G4 off of a guy) for me to sort of get my feet wet, then down the road I'll upgrade. My home Mac needs to be somthing that my wife likes as she would use it the most. I was telling her about some I saw at the Apple store that had really nice big screens. and everything was built in so she really liked that.

Back to the other issue, I forgot to mention hat I also have SpyBot Search & Destroy, and AdAware the PC that got infected. Can you believe that, four friggin pieces of software just to protect your PC from some bozo's out there with nothing better to do that write computer viruses. I swear, I spend more time with stuff like this on my computer than getting things done, and that is why it's time to switch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum, 20", 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB of Ram
Hambug said:
I have Sygate Personal Firewall and AVG antivirus on my PC and I still had a virus get through that infected 5 files, well no more. As soon as the funds are available the PC's are gone, and I'm switching to Mac's. I have already bought an iBook to start out with for me, and once it is set up and running I'll ditch my notebook PC on eBay, then once I get some extra cash my home PC is gone too. There, I'm done ranting.
I did the exact same thing. I have always liked Apple but finally got fed up with PC's. Purchased an eBay iBook G4 for the meantime and now I own a new iMac G5... That I love to death I might add. You will not regret your switch, I didn't

S

Steve1

TS1AWD said:
I did the exact same thing. I have always liked Apple but finally got fed up with PC's. Purchased an eBay iBook G4 for the meantime and now I own a new iMac G5... That I love to death I might add. You will not regret your switch, I didn't

I agree. Did the same after my PC laptop crashed for ziggillionst time. Very happy with the IMac, and my ladyfriends think it looks soooo sexy.

Security issues: I have the iMac 10.4 Tiger (not the IntelMac). What security is advised?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
If it is just a virus and security issue, why not just format the PCs and install Linux on all of them? Save yourself some cash. Ubuntu is a very good distro, and easy to set up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.