Best Photo sharing website/app

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
Dear all.
My 70 year old Mother recently got an ipad. She is slowly getting used to using it but it's baby steps. I would very much like to set up a place where we can share family photo's online, but haven't had much luck. I looked into Adobe Revel, but it was far too complicated. I want something really simple, that my Mum will find easy to navigate. Something a bit like the old .Mac Gallery.

Can anyone suggest anything?
I don't use iPhoto myself, but use Lightroom for all my photo needs.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

C

chas_m

Flickr.com might be an option. Free 1TB of storage, and once you sign in to the iPad app it remembers it permanently, so it just goes to the users' home page.

There are probably some other good alternatives, (maybe instagram -- you don't HAVE to ruin all the photos with filters ...) I'm sure others will be along to offer some alternatives. It would be interesting to know if any online service passes the "grandma test." :)

OP
Simbad54
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
Thanks chas_m. I use instagram myself, but I rather wanted a kind of easy access gallery where everyone can upload an image easily and everyone can see it. I'll check out Flikr. I had looked at shutterfly, but the interface is a mess. Everything seems to be so complicated and full of functionality. A simple online photo album with minimal options would be best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
for ease of use flickr is hard to beat

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.