Too much threads?

A

AlexN

Too many threads?

Ever since I joined this board, I've always wanted to point this out: Does anyone think reducing the number of threads here will make it more organized? For example, combining some of the similar topics into one thread makes it more readable? I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i7, iBook G4, iPod 5th Gen 30Gb
AlexN said:
Ever since I joined this board, I've always wanted to point this out: Does anyone think reducing the number of threads here will make it more organized? For example, combining some of the similar topics into one thread makes it more readable? I don't know, maybe it's just me.

From what I've seen, and granted I probably haven't seen much as I only signed up yesterday, the forum seems pretty organised as it is. I've always been able to find what I want to look for!

Maybe I'll prove myself wrong as I use the forums more though, I'll just have to see!

Reaction score
I don't think there are too many threads, I think there are too many forums.

OP
K

Kokopelli

I just hit Get New. I do not pay much attention to what forum it is in beyond givng a context to the post.

I do not feel there are too many threads though. The volume here is not really all that high. There is some repition but that is just the way forums are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Kokopelli said:
I just hit Get New. I do not pay much attention to what forum it is in beyond givng a context to the post.

I do not feel there are too many threads though. The volume here is not really all that high. There is some repition but that is just the way forums are.

Yeah, although it might be nice if Mac Forums started a Wiki for a collective knowledge repository. Then we could just link to the wiki page for repetitive questions. There's a lot of information in here, but the Search feature isn't all that great; having a Wiki that could be constantly updated by members would be a Good Thing.

Mods? :)

OP
T

teenagemom

i think its just enough so we would really know where to put our post..it will be very confusing if we put together some similar but not the same topic together.. :headphone

OP
F

Fallooza

Kokopelli said:

same here

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.