MSI Extractor

Reaction score
I need to extract the .msi file in order to install the DJVU browser plugin. What extractor will work on my MacBook Pro to extract the .msi? I'm assuming the .msi is a Window's file? Thanks!

M

MacInWin

The .msi is a MicroSoft Installer file for Windows. Wrong installer for your MBP. According to DJVU.org, there is a version for Mac. Try here.

Reaction score
for future notice if you want to extract a msi file in mac os x just use any rar tool for mac msi is basically a rar file

OP
L
Reaction score
Thank you John! I'm new to the Mac and find it pretty frustrating after being a windows person forever!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please note... Even if you could extract an MSI file with a Mac rar extractor, it wouldn't do any good since as you've already been told that those files are MS installer files for Windows applications.

M

MacInWin

Thanks, chscag, I was about to say the same thing. Yes you CAN probably see what's in a .msi, but it's no good to an OS X user.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.