A program for scanning multiple photos at once and having them automatically split?

Reaction score
I have tons of photos to scan. I want to scan multiple photos at once and have them automatically divided into different photos by the program.

Do any scanning programs do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
My Canon 9000F does that. Depending on the photo size I can usually scan 2-4 photos at once and have the software automatically separate them into individual images.

OP
O
Reaction score
The software the printer came with? That's the exact printer I am about to take out of the box and starting using this afternoon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Yes - MP Navigator software that comes with the scanner. It lines the photos up too so you don't have to worry about lining them up exactly (works about 90% of the time but sometimes misses true perfection by a fraction of a degree). You need to leave about 1cm around the photos for this to work though.
Reply if you need further specific instructions and I'll set up a trial here and take notes of my procedure for you. It's evening here in the UK so it will be tomorrow though.

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks.

Quick question since I'm working now: what setting does it need to be on to scan slides?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
From home screen on MP Navigator EX, select Scan/Import then Film. Then Open Scanner Driver. On the far right of the next window select Colour Positive Film and select size eg 35mm, then resolution ( I typically use either 600 or 1200) then hit preview. You might want to play around with the remove Dust and Scatches/Fading correction/Grain correction and Backlight correction. You'll get an idea of their effect in Preview.
Make sure that all the images you want to scan are ticked (main window) and press scan.
Do get back to me with any other questions.
BTW I presume you have removed the white 'plate' from the lid of the scanner and put the slides in the black slide mount :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oxband - did that help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.