And we're done here

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If only arrest corresponded with the cessation of malware spread, we'd be good to go. Now, if they managed to kill some sort of central server as well, we're golden.

OP
cradom
Reaction score
Well, I did say maybe...
I think I read somewhere that the C&C computer was taken down?
Now if they could only purge all the cr@p from the chinese servers people are downloading it from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
In China everything is about haggling the price down. The vendors expect it. Here in the U.S. we are more prone to paying the asking price. Everywhere we shopped when I was in China, it was expected.

So piracy abounds over there and vendors are in such a competition they will deal. Now how legit the product is or if it even works is questionable.

Trying to find a person who is creating malware or pirating software or making knock-offs in China has to be a daunting task. There are literally millions of people in incredibly crowded cities.

I know they are heavily censored on the internet but poverty is the mother of invention. Very few of the Chinese live what we call a middle class life. So I don't see the China malware/piracy issue going away.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Spot on Lisa. When Windows 7 was released purchased a copy of Ultimate from a leading Singapore Department store, both 32 and 64bit. Guess what when trying to activate? Fake. Only was to tell was CD label was stuck on rather than manufactured into the CD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.