Wine/Winebottler (Game Issue)

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have a question I hope someone can help with.

I'm running OSX Version 10.7.5 and just came across Wine.

I thought I could use it to run a game I use to play on my old windows machine.
The game in question's latest version is TEW 2013 (a wrestling game available from Grey Dog Software). They have a Demo of the game available for free which I wanted to test through Wine before I purchased.

Anyways, Wine ran the installer fine and installed The TEW 2013 demo but when I created an app for the game and try to run, it just flashed on my taskbar and disappears after a few mins without opening.

I tried various ways to create the app but I'm having the same result. (I have the logo of the game as the app image also so it appears like it should work but just doesn't play)

Is there a step/method I'm missing or is this game just not able to run through Wine on my Mac?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can't run the game by creating an icon for it on your Dock. Wine, Wine Bottler, and even CrossOver (which I use) require that you first run or open the "bottle" and then execute the game or what Windows software you have to run.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.