Local Path changes in iOS 8.

Reaction score
As i am downloading a video in my app and keeping it in local and showing when necessary. It is working in iOS 7 but the avplayer not showing video in iOS 8. As i have read that the document path is changed on every launch in iOS 8 and i have to download video once and show it multiple times in my app. So how can i reach the same path again and again to show video in avplayer.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Moved to the appropriate forum (iOS Development).

OP
M
Reaction score
Programatically, on every launch the document path or cache path is changing in iOS 8. So whatever we are saving in cache and in document, we are unable to get that data on next launch as the path changes. However it was not happening in previous versions of iOS. So is it a bug, if not then please anybody could help to get the same data on every launch in iOS 8.

OP
M
Reaction score
Programatically, on every launch the document path or cache path is changing in iOS 8. So whatever we are saving in cache and in document, we are unable to get that data on next launch as the path changes. However it was not happening in previous versions of iOS. So is it a bug, if not then please anybody could help to get the same data on every launch in iOS 8.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.