Yosemite and hardware

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 11.3 15, iMac 21 iPhone i6
Guys I am a new Mac convert and for 2 months have been discovering the wonders of Mac on my Macbook Pro and iMac, but 9 days ago I installed Yosemite, and now my scanner does not work, and also my cellphone modem. With maverick I was really surprised at the ease how my hardware were picked up, ready for whatever. no CD's to install drivers etc.

So how now? Ido not think I must ask how to go back to maverick, for sure one expects some glitches with new OS.

Please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Not every hardware company is diligent with their firmware/driver updates. It is on them to keep current with new OS releases. Yosemite wasn't a big secret or surprise. They've had a while now to prepare. I would reach out to them and see if a compatibility update is on its way.

My Epson printer was ready with a driver update immediately after I installed Yosemite. My mother's HP printer, however, did not work right away because HP wasn't on the ball like Epson was.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Can you tell us the Brand and Model of your scanner and modem?

I will check and see what is up driver wise for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Epson is great, Cannon and Brother not too bad, HP woeful and Lexmark bottom of the pile!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nothing new when it comes to upgrading printer drivers. The same difficulty occurs in Windows as it does here in OS X. Some manufacturers are more responsive than others.

I had no difficulty with my Epson and HP LaserJet after installing Yosemite. They both just worked.

M

MacInWin

There was an HP update, I think it was today, maybe yesterday, so check for at the MAS to get it if your scanner is an HP, anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.