• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Changing film speed after the fact

Reaction score
I want to go back and change my frame rate from 30 to 24fps but I've already started my project. Anybody know how I would do this?

Reaction score
Need more information. What application are you editing in? Do you have 30fps clips that you want in a 24fps timeline or are you just trying to change project settings?

OP
U
Reaction score
This is for Imovie. Project already exists in 30fps. I know how to bring in clips and change them but not an edited film.

Reaction score
I haven't worked in iMovie for a few years (I use FCP X) but I looked it up. Basically, you can't change it after you have dropped clips into the timeline. iMovie isn't really designed for that kind of control. There are ways around it that involve dropping a 24fps clip into the timeline at the start to establish settings and then dropping 30fps clips after that and retiming them but not when the project is already started.

However, you should be able to change the frame rate when you export it to Quicktime. Instructions here: Scott Andrew | Singer-songwriter guy | How to change the project frame rate in iMovie ’11

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.