Removing GoPro fisheye effect via OSX Preview?

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there's any third party apps/plugins that I can download for Preview that eliminate the fisheye effect of GoPro cameras. Not for video - for photos. I've looked, but i'm not finding... maybe my keywording is wrong.

I can eliminate the fisheye effect via Photoshop, but Preview is my default photo editor and if I can i'd prefer to do all my basic editing within this program... GoPro's are pretty ubiquitous these days so i'm surprised there's not a one-click fisheye correction plugin/app about (as far as I know).

Or is there?

C

chas_m

There's no such thing as a plugin for Preview, so the answer to your question is "no."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
There's no such thing as a plugin for Preview, so the answer to your question is "no."
Very true..

There is a plugin for Final Cut Pro X though.. Which is widely used and available for free. But Final Cut isnt free. But well worth what you pay for it.

C

chas_m

Photoshop has plugins available for it that can de-fisheye something, but neither Photoshop nor the DX (as one example) plugin are free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.