In case you haven't read it yet...

Reaction score
tps://fix-macosx.com/ (outdated link removed)
(grumble grumble going back to Snow Leopard grumble)
Not really but getting close.

Reaction score
I am in sympathy

I have attempted several downloads of Yosemite, none of which has been satisfactory in multiple ways. I've deleted all traces, am happily using Maverick, will either ignore Yosemite completely or wait a very long time to try it again.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
This is the downside to having suggestions as you type. Now, it is done anonymously and much of it can be disabled.

Honestly, I'm more interested to see the people who ardently defend Apple's privacy record and think Chrome is stealing all of your search patterns explain this one since it is, literally, the exact same practice (neither of which are all that problematic mind you).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
My humble guess is that Apple is collecting information that they can use in building their own " search " capability and/or to drive more improvements in Siri.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
cradom
Reaction score
I thought there were an inordinate amount of Little Snitch pop-ups right after I installed.
Most of the stuff I'd never seen before but they said "Apple" in them so...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.