• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Copying DVDs - problem with the subtitles

M

MudShark

I'm trying to backup a DVD using DVD Backup, DVD2one and Toast (like in the tutorial here).
Everything goes well except the subtitles - can't make them work. In DVD2one I've marked up the boxes to get the wanted subtitles (actually even double-clicked them to make them default) but still iDVD or my DVD-player won't show them - there just aren't subtitles. Everything else works fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
You should probably copy the whole movie along with the Subtitles (default) instead of just "movie only"

But then again, I do beleive if you copy just the film only with subtitles to get the subtitles (using DVDPlayer click on Controls then Closed Captoning and turn them on.

I "think" that should work. Alson on a stand alone DVD Player usually on the remote there's a button that says "Subtitles" try hitting that button to see if they turn on.

sKaD

OP
M

MudShark

Tried that - doesn't work either. It's just so odd, that in DVD2one I'm able to choose the subtitles I want, but they just don't work. It's the same on DVDPlayer and on my standalone DVD player.

OP
M

MudShark

Hi

Now I finally find out, what went wrong:
When burning the files in Toast (6 Titanium), I was using the Video -mode. Now I tred the Data -mode and all worked out just fine ;) It seems like when using the Video -mode in Toast it loses all data information.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.