• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

AT&T doubling the data caps on select shared plans for a limited time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Reaction score
I just spotted this and thought it'd be worth sharing.
AT&T doubles data caps on shared data plans until October 31 | Electronista

On their shared plans, starting at the 15GB level, they will double the cap on the selected level if done so before the end of October. The new cap sticks indefinitely as long as you don't change it.

I had the 10 gig plan. upgraded to the 15 just for this deal. 20 more gigs for 20/month seemed like to good of a deal.

thanks for posting.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I had the 10 gig plan. upgraded to the 15 just for this deal. 20 more gigs for 20/month seemed like to good of a deal.

thanks for posting.

We're on the 10 GB plan also. I'm tempted to jump to the next tier, but we don't hit this cap as it is. I may just try to push it some to see if I can justify going up.

Oh, FYI for those who don't know... tethering is included on the shared plans. I think there's a limit to the number of devices that can be tethered at one time (5 maybe?), but there is no extra charge for tethering. Just like there shouldn't be.

Reaction score
We're on the 10 GB plan also. I'm tempted to jump to the next tier, but we don't hit this cap as it is. I may just try to push it some to see if I can justify going up.

Oh, FYI for those who don't know... tethering is included on the shared plans. I think there's a limit to the number of devices that can be tethered at one time (5 maybe?), but there is no extra charge for tethering. Just like there shouldn't be.

i have 6 days left on my cycle and have used 9 gigs. The extra data will be a welcome addition.

i would have used much more but i have to ration myself so not to go over. I work offshore and the wifi out here is only 512k. My att service is only 4g but still gives me about 3meg so i use it alot. So i can watch my programs and all that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That certainly sounds like a great deal for folks like "RustProofCorn" who use lots of data. I barely even scratch the surface of my data allotment with T-Mobile. About the only time I use it is when my usually reliable FIOS connection goes down for a bit, and I setup a hot spot with my phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.