iOS 8 and iPhoto replacement post-Mavericks

Reaction score
So...a few things:

• iPod touch is now running iOS 8 - I absolutely love extensibility and the new camera and photo editing features.
  • Not all of my photos taken on the iPod touch can be seen on my iPad running iOS 8; nor can any edits.
  • iPhoto on a Mac running Mavericks doesn't keep edits.

So the question is - the upcoming changes for photography between iOS devices and the Mac - I'll call it 'iCloud Photo Library' - it will keep any edits made in iOS 8's photo editing mode?

Because I have so many great photos, edited to my liking, and zero of the edits are showing up elsewhere.

Furthermore, I've read that iCloud Photo Library (as it stands on iOS 8 devices) only shows what is most often viewed...if that makes sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Just updated my iPod touch 5 also last night.. But from what I understand most of the features will not be fully compatible until the newest version of OSX (Yosemite) is released..

OP
C
Reaction score
I just wonder what I'm supposed to do with all the photos I edited the heck out of in September...since iPhoto hasn't kept any of the edits at all...

It's a long waiting game! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.