• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac Online Poker

Reaction score
Right now I'm using the wifes Windows laptop whenever I want to play a few cards. Are there any Mac compatible online poker rooms?

M

matrix_xx

Well, you basically have two options...
#1 - Use Virtual PC in which case you can use any poker room that works with Windows.
#2 - Play on Mac Compatible Poker Rooms.

I'd advise going with option #2. Virtual PC does crash fairly often which is a definete no-no if your playing with money, and the mac compliant poker rooms listed are good ones, I've used both on my Mac with no complaints

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I like playing poker using live3dpoker which you can find at macupdate:

http://www.macupdate.com/live 3d poker

I don't play for real money since I have better uses for my dough, so I play with virtual money, but you can play for real money

M

matrix_xx

matrix_xx said:
Well, you basically have two options...
#1 - Use Virtual PC in which case you can use any poker room that works with Windows.
#2 - Play on Mac Compatible Poker Rooms.

I'd advise going with option #2. Virtual PC does crash fairly often which is a definete no-no if your playing with money, and the mac compliant poker rooms listed are good ones, I've used both on my Mac with no complaints

I'd suggest the Full Tilt Poker software they started listing. Previous Mac compatible poker rooms were simply no download Java ones (you play right in your web browswer) but Full Tilt is the first actual Mac compatible downloadable poker client. I've been using it for 4 weeks and am very happy with it :headphone

M

matrix_xx

Anyone notice the "Mac Users Online" tournaments Full Tilt has been holding, I think they are great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
remember you can't play online poker for money if you live in the USA, its been made illegal

OP
K
Reaction score
I actually looked into that a couple days ago - it is still legal to play online poker... the only thing that has been made illegal is for banks to fund online gambling accounts. So basically, an individual poker player is free to play poker, but it's tough to deposit since banks no longer allow your credit card or bank account to be used to fund your account.

There are lots of ways around this though, just visit: http://www.netelleralternatives.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.