PDA

View Full Version : Any value in an iPhone 4s running iOS 5?

Bball
09-05-2014, 02:05 PM
I'm getting ready to sell my iPhone 4s before the release of the new phone. It currently is running iOS 5.0.1. Do you all think there is any value in this, or should I just update the phone before selling it?
The phone has the original youtube with no ads, original google maps, etc.. Wondering if I advertise it with this iOS will it generate interest since you don't see phones running it that often? What do you all think its worth?

Raz0rEdge
09-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Look on eBay, Craigslist and other sites for phone lines yours and see what they are selling it for to determine what you might get for it..

Bball
09-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I looked but could not find any phones still running iOS 5, at least phones that are capable of running iOS 7 like my 4S.

dtravis7
09-07-2014, 12:51 PM
A refresh of IOS5 with a new user account on my iPad 1 rendered it almost useless as Ibooks and everything else the friend I am giving the iPad one to would not install on IOS5. That might be a point to upgrade to at least 6.

I did later find a sort of trick to get older versions to download but that does not work with all the Apps my friend needed.